When it comes to writing articles for your website, no one can write them like you do. You have a unique style and way of writing that is who you are. This is how I feel and always wrote my articles.
Sometimes life gets in the way and we simply do not have the time to research an article, especially if we are not familiar with the topic. That’s where a site like Fiverr comes in.
When I had a few unexpected things pop up, I was not able to write as much as I wanted to. I decided to outsource an article and see how it would go. My Fiverr review will explain how it went.
What is Fiverr
Fiver is a freelance site where you can outsource a variety of work to. Depending on what you want done, will determine the price. Fiverr has eight main categories:
- Graphics & Design – in this category you can have any graphic designing you want done. If you need a logo for your business, flyers, cartoons, or any other graphics, you will find it here.
- Digital Marketing – here, you can get things done like social media marketing, SEO, content and video marketing, web traffic and such.
- Writing & Translation – if you need a resume, website content, technical writing, proofreading and editing, then this section is for you. This is where I went to get articles written.
- Video & Animation – do you need a video for an ad, promo, or live action explainers, then this is your section.
- Music & Audio – how would you like to have a voice over with an accent? Need a jingle, song, or some background music, then check this category out.
- Programming & Tech – are you having problems with yourWordPress site, need one built, or need help with your site? Then this is your category. You can also learn to build your own WordPress site through Wealthy Affiliate.
- Business – if you’re looking for a virtual assistant, financial help, business tips, legal help, or branding serves, look here.
- Fun & Lifestyle – anything not covered above will most likely fall into this category. Online lessons, relationship advice, astrology, genealogy, and so on.
The first time you go to Fiverr, you will need to set up a free account. The only time there is a charge is when you hire someone. There are two ways to hire someone:
- Search and contact someone directly that will provide the services that you need
- Place a request for service with the details of what you need and when. Anyone that is interested in the gig (what Fiverr calls the job) will get back with you.
The price of the service will depend on what you are looking to have done. For example, writing a 1000-word article will cost anywhere from $5 to $100.
Don’t just look at the price of the service, look at their rating. Are they a one star (may want to avoid them) or are they a five star? How many ratings do they have? If they are new, they will only have a few, but if they have been around for a while, then they will have hundreds of comments. Read some of them.
Make sure you read the services that they provide. Do they cover the topics that you need? Someone who writes anything may not have the expertise you need, but if they are good at researching, then they may be able to provide a good article, especially if they have written for you before.
When you order a job, spell everything out so you not be disappointed. Let them know:
- The writing style – conversational, formal, etc…
- How many words – check the price listings to see if the article is 500, 1000, 2500 words or more.
- References and Citations – if you need these, make sure you ask for them. Some will have them listed in their packages, but make sure.
- Delivery time – how soon do you need them? Make sure you know when they will be completed, especially if you need the articles by a specific date.
- Language – make sure they can write in the language you need. Many writers are able to write in multiple languages. Remember, writers can be anywhere in the world!
Since I had articles written, I focused on a gig for an article, but this will apply to any type of job you have completed on Fiverr. Don’t just look at price, alone. You will get what you pay for! If you are happy with a simple article, then by all means, go for the $5 ones.
If you are concerned about the quality that you may receive, look for the Pro Verified logo. They have gone through a thorough application and verification process. These are the top 1% in their fields. You will pay a premium price, but this will be reflected in the quality work that you will receive.
Why I use Fiverr
The main reason was that life was getting in the way and I could not spend the time to write for a few days. It was also a matter of convenience. I have more than one site running and am currently focusing on one of them, which takes time away from the other.
I was also curious how outsourcing an article would be. It does save time and I am using lower priced writers with good ratings for my general articles. This is working out well for me. When I get the article, I just tweak it a little by changing a few words to my liking (Queens English to American), add images, videos, and links to my other articles or products.
Anyone that is just starting a website, I would recommend writing 40 or 50 articles before outsourcing any content. This way you will learn more about your niche and be able to answer questions or comments. You will also learn a lot of how your website works, social media, and many other aspects of running an online business.
Fiverr can be a valuable tool to anyone with an online business. You can learn more by clicking here. Take a look around their site for ideas. I know I will be using other services in the future.
To learn about how to set up your website, online marketing, and how to run an online business, see my review of Wealthy Affiliate.
Please leave any questions or comments below.
Thank you for reading,